Grasim Industries Ltd. (Chemical Division) CMC
Central Manufacturing Cockpit (CMC)
Central Manufacturing Cockpit – Platform to capture manufacturing data from multiple sources (PLC, DCS, SCADA, EMS, Safety Sensors), aggregate and process to deliver actionable information to the relevant stakeholder at the right time and apply analytics over long term data on multiple data points to recommend course correction.
- Standardize manufacturing operational methodologies and create single version of truth – driven by experience.
- Optimize cost of production & Energy Consumption
- Reduce Off-spec
- Optimize Plant throughput (consistent batch cycle Time)
- Ensure availability and reliability of capital assets (E.g. Practicing Preventive Maintenance, Tracking Asset Health and performance)
- Capture and regularize best practices across the units
Ashish Desai - CIO